The courses are designed for professionals who want to learn the basic theory and skills necessary to formally practice mediation as an expansion of their present professional work, and for those who desire to understand how mediative strategies, negotiation skills and problem solving techniques might be effectively integrated into their current work.
Those who have taken courses and found them directly relevant and beneficial have included:
- Legal professionals: judges, lawyers, and legal assistants
- Health care professionals: doctors, nurses, physical therapists, risk managers, HMO administrators
- Educators: administrators, teachers, and staff
- Mental health professionals: psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, and counselors
- Business and management professionals: agency administrators, CEOs, financial planners, bankers, and clergy